You can search for publications in two main ways: Using an internet browser and downloading references through the Web Importer bookmark; or using the desktop colwiz Library and choosing a particular search engine. Note that you cannot currently use the online Library to do this (though this feature is being developed).
- First, you need to have the Web Importer bookmark stored in your web browser. Go to http://www.colwiz.com/web-importer and click and drag the Web Importer button into your bookmarks tab.
- In your favourite browser, navigate to a publisher's website that's supported by the bookmarklet. (you can open the bookmarklet to see supported sites)
- On the publisher's website, perform your keyword search and wait for the results to load. When the list of results appears, click on the colwiz bookmarklet.
- A panel will appear on the right side of your screen which lets you select individual items from your current search and add them to your colwiz library.
Through colwiz desktop Library
To search for a publication online using the colwiz Library:
- In the desktop Library, click on the "Search Online" option at the top of the left (folders) panel.
- Select the publication database that you want to search.
- Enter the search term (eg: ‘Smith Jones 2010 Superconductivity Nature’) and press Enter or Search icon
- Click on any publications that you wish to add to your library.